Monday, January 21, 2013

Weekend Blog Hop!

HAPPY MONDAY, friends!

It's time for the weekend blog hop again. I'm far too tired from a busy weekend to really write too much this morning, so I'm going to leave it all to pictures.

Friday Night Looked a little something like this:



I picked Amanda up from work and we headed out for an appetizer and a drink - calamari and vodka/diet, yes please. Then we headed home to wait for Amanda's brother to get into town, he was driving over to Vancouver from Calgary for a weekend getaway. Once he arrived, we headed out to Tap & Barrel for some drinks and dinner.



Saturday: We took Matt on a tour of our favourite places in Vancouver and in BC. This meant one thing - road trip. We showed him the awesome places in Vancouver and then headed up the coast to Squamish. We grabbed a bite to eat and a pint of beer at the Howe Sound Brewery and headed back to the city. We stopped a few times to take some pictures of the gorgeous B.C. scenery.











Amanda & Matt



We had the most amazing sunset in Vancouver on Saturday night... seriously, this is straight from my iPhone - no editing. It's blurred because we were driving.





We ended the night at The Alibi Room in Gastown to enjoy some delicious beer (they have 50+ beer on tap).

Sunday, we started the day by taking Matt to our favourite brunch spot - Jethro's. We each had an amazing meal, as always - our three breakfasts:



After brunch, we ran some errands and then I came home and spent the afternoon cooking... literally all afternoon. Amanda went out to show Matt some more Vancouver sights, and I cooked/prepped our meals for the week. Let me just say, I'm excited for lunch every day this week.

Well that's it kids - that's my weekend. Hope you all had a great weekend with your friends/families, and I hope your Monday isn't too Monday-esque.

2 comments:

Sam said...

The calamari looks so yummy! Love the blog, I'm your newest follower!


simplysam.org

Faith B said...

Welcome to my blog - Thanks for following! : )