Thursday, February 28, 2013

A Grammar Dragon-Slayer Is Born


Happy Thursday my lovelies!

Today is my AMAZING dad's birthday - so everyone say Happy Birthday, Peter. Love you daddy!

Dad is going to be my guest blogger today:
As some of you may know - I'm kind of crazy about grammar (because my dad made me that way). Growing up, my dad taught me the importance of 'good grammar'.
If you're wondering, I am most likely silently judging you if you mix up your / you're.


Don't worry, dad - I wouldn't be this mean.

And here's my dad's story:
One morning, when Faith was about 3 years old, I was standing at my bathroom sink, going through my daily ablutions. Faith sometimes liked to watch me shave … there's something fascinating to kids about fathers and shaving. I'm an electric razor guy but Faith still enjoyed watching. On this particular day she was standing at the door watching me when she suddenly disappeared. Only seconds later she was back and tugging at my clothes (or towel, or whatever I was wearing … it's over 20 years ago so I can't remember, although she probably does).

"What darlin'? I asked.
She mumbled something that was lost in the drone off the shaver.
I turned it off.
"What is it, Faith?"
"Daddy - your alarm!"
Crap. I must have forgotten to turn it off.
"Is it going off?" I asked her.
"No daddy... it's going ON!"
Little did I know that this would foreshadow the grammar dragon-slayer that she would turn out to be. I'm so proud.



There you have it, friends. At the end of the day, if I offend all of you with my grammar dragon-slaying ways - at least my dad is proud. ;)

1 comment:

Staci said...

Hahahah Happy Birthday Peter! I love your guest posts!