Friday, July 12, 2013

Don't Ever Call Me Again


Happy Friday, friends.
TGIF obvs.

Today, oh today. I have a little rant I'd like to make. I apologize in advance for my slight rage. You could say that I've definitely got my sassy pants on today. Which, if you follow me on Instagram, you might have seen that it's a nice change since last night I wasn't wearing any pants.



PANTSLESS PARTY

It's normal to post a pantsless picture on your blog, right? No? Moving on..

Just to clear the air, the reason I'm not wearing any pants is because I realized that one of my old shirts was more of a dress than a shirt now. Fun times.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear phone spammers,

I'd appreciate it if you go away. No, but seriously.. go away. It's annoying to get 2-3 spam calls every week.
Most of the time, these calls happen when I'm at work - so I don't have to answer them anymore... but it's super annoying to have missed calls AND a voicemail that you need to delete. It's just plain rude.

Getting a voicemail is honestly just annoying. It's never anything important, and this case, it's a spam message. Come to think of it, maybe I should get rid of my voicemail all together. I might actually lose it if I hear one more message that sounds like this: "Stop what you're doing right now, and listen." (does anyone else get this one?) OR "*HONKKKKK* Congratulations, you've just won a cruise!"



I can't possibly be the only one who gets these messages, right?!


Mr. Phone Spamming man..


This is what I picture Mr. Spammy Man looking like.

Anyway, Mr. Spammy Man, I'd truly appreciate it if you'd stop calling and leaving me voicemails. You're more annoying than a Stage 5 Clinger ex-boyfriend. It's not cute. I think it would be beneficial for everyone if you just got a real job.

kaythanks.

Kind Regards,

Faith


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other, non spammy related, news.. it's time to #backthatazzup with Ms. Whitney

Give It 2 U Ft. Kendrick Lamar by Robin Thicke on Grooveshark

It's honestly such a dirty song, but it makes me want to shake my booty aka #backthatazzup
Robin Thicke, you don't have to be such a freak all the time.


7 comments:

Chloe said...

That would piss me off too. Next time you should answer if you can and see if you can get a real person then give them shit. It'd be funny/worth it.

Anonymous said...

I used to get that cruise phone call every week! It was so annoying. If you have an Android, there's an app called Mr. Number that lets you block those numbers from calling you. It might be for iPhone too but it has helped me!

Stephanie said...

Those calls are the worst, they are always at work so i can't answer and asked to be removed from the call list. I hate them!!
But you with no pants, that I don't hate! Pantsless party!

Kristin O said...

Haha!! I get the texts all the time!! How the hell did they get my number?!?! I thought of this pin from Pinterest during this post. It's a new idea of how you should handle these d-bags!! http://pinterest.com/pin/99782947966462198/

Fuck you said...

You're gonna hate me, but ... there is a heavenly (and easy) 3-step solution to NEVER getting a spam call. OK, maybe 4 if you own an Iphone.

1. Toss out your landline.
2. Pay the leetle extra for caller ID - it's so worth it and you're not paying for a landline now.
3. Never, ever pick a number you don't recognise.
4. If you have an IPhone, before you practise 1 through 3, toss it out and buy and Android :)

I've used this superb system since 2007, and since that time, I have never spoken to a spam caller, been polled by anyone I didn't volunteer to be polled by, or, and this is key, spoken to a relation without warning.

Kellie @ Delightfully Ludicrous said...

I don't often get the messages, but when someone calls to sell me something, I've been known to say "Can you hold on a sec?", and then put the phone down on the bench and wander off. It's especially fun if they can hear you doing things like making dinner or watching TV in the background.

AYTJ said...

I literally cry everytime I answer that freaking you have won a cruise call. And they always call when I'm waiting for a delivery guy or unknown number to call, meaning I always answer, and than always become infuriated shortly after. The gifs you included in this post are pure gold and extremely accurate. Blog comments, emails, and now spam phone calls... someone hide me in a cave forever please.