Wednesday, July 31, 2013

I guess I got my swagger back


Happy hump day (my favorite day of the week).


Tonight I'm seeing Jay-Z and JT, and I couldn't be more excited.
Time to get my swag on.

I had originally planned on doing a full vacation recap post today, but last night I ended up going out instead of writing a post. The funny thing about having a roommate (who is your best friend) is that every night is a sleepover. Last night, we opted to head out to a few bars just to chill vs. staying home.

While we were at the bar, we overheard a group of guys talking and laughing about a "portrait" that a homeless man drew of them an hour beforehand. He drew it on a piece of cardboard and they were passing it around and laughing at it. The thing is that I once had the same man draw a "portrait" of me, because I couldn't say no.

I was shopping with two of my friends one day, just wandering around Gastown, when this homeless man approached me and told me that I had a beautiful scarf. I thanked him and he quickly started drawing on a piece of cardboard. I had no idea what he was doing until he told me to stand still so that he could draw me. I tried to walk away, but one of my problems is that I'm a 'people pleaser' and I have a really hard time saying no. So I stood there and let him draw me, like an idiot. My friends were inside a store, watching (and laughing) at me. The issue is that I didn't have any cash on me, and when he was done drawing me, he wanted some form of payment. Luckily one of my friends had a couple of dollars on her so that we could buy my my beautiful portrait.

FYI, this happened 6-12 months ago and I still have the picture. I felt like it would be wrong to throw it out. Obviously I have to share this delightful picture with all of you, so enjoy:


I'd like to start by saying that clearly I've lost weight since the portrait was drawn.



#twinsies
It's like I'm looking in the mirror. Except of course for the fact that it's on cardboard, my hair is less tame in the drawing, and think I look less manly in real life.


I was holding up my finger to tell my friends that it would take one minute. Apparently he thought it was an essential characteristic to my portrait.



There you have it, friends. Here are my final thoughts.

Look at the way that "scarf" wraps around my neck in such a clumpy way. Beautiful.
I wore hoop earrings. I'm pretty sure they weren't that big.
I'm quite certain that my hairline doesn't come down in a 'V' shape. I could be wrong.
I have big lips. I like that he nailed that characteristic.
My eyes are big and bright. Again, he captured it perfectly.
Nailed my crooked nose. Thanks for that.
My boobs are small, he made them big. Free of charge.

Time to listen to the smooth sounds of Sir Justin Timberlake (and Mr. Jay Z) to get pumped for tonight.

5 comments:

Breenah said...

You really should frame that.

Allie said...

Soooooo I need to know why you haven't told us that you were going to see JUSTIN FREAKING TIMBERLAKE tonight... and those "earrings" in the drawing look like balls... if you get my drift.

Jay T said...

Hahahahahaha i think you should frame that. And YEAH WHY were you keeping this concert a secret from us???? RUDE.

City Life Attempter said...

That picture is too good! Have fun tonight!!

Kelly said...

I am SO jealous, I really wanted to go to that concert!

xx
Kelly
Sparkles and Shoes