Friday, February 21, 2014

Binge Watch All The Things




HAPPY FREAKING FRIDAY

Does anyone else feel like this was the longest week, ever? No? Just me.. okay cool.

Heartless (Bonus Track) by Kris Allen on Grooveshark


For some reason this old jam has been playing on repeat in my brain this week... so I'm going to #backthatazzup with Whitney today with some Heartless action.

Binge watching tv shows - we all do it. Well, I'm pretty sure we all do it... if you've never binge watched a tv show EVER in your life, we probably wouldn't be the two best friends that anyone could have. Sorry.

I just finished binge watching my latest series that I was obsessed with - Arrested Development. I can thank a gentleman (who I only went on a couple of dates with) for this one, because we ended up curled up on the couch watching the first two episodes of this and I was instantly hooked... luckily something good came from that kid. Okay, sorry again, that was kind of mean.. but the truth hurts. Anyway..



I've done this so many times over the years. Friends will suggest a show, or I'll read about a show online and just HAVE to see what all the fuss is about, and usually (especially if it's on Netflix) I will board myself up in my room or on the couch and binge watch that show until I've watched the entire series... or until I'm caught up to date and watching it live on tv each week (THIS IS THE WORST).

I've discovered that I truly do NOT like watching tv shows while they're actually airing on tv. I don't like watching them every week, because HELLO I am way too busy for that. Also, I forget what time shows are on, what channel, what day of the week, etc. Also, because I don't have a PVR - it just does not work for me. Period.

I'd much rather wait until it's on Netflix, or I can buy the seasons on DVD and sit my butt down on the couch and get lost in 5-10 hours of binge watching. I know this is terribly lazy of me, but I don't do it often - so I feel like it can be justified. Also, shame on you if you just judged me for that. Whatever, you ALL have done it.



The worst part of binge watching a show is when it's over. Like, WHAT THE HECK DO I DO WITH MY LIFE NOW? This show has consumed any spare moment that I've had for the past *insert x amount of days or weeks here* and now I have nothing.

These are the kinds of thoughts that go through my head after my show has ended:
    I need to find a new show.
    But it's too soon.
    I must mourn the death finale of this series and move on with my life.
    Maybe I'll go back to being physically active and go running.
    Maybe I should call the friends that I've been avoiding.
    Maybe I should catch up on sleep.
    Maybe I should catch up on blog posts, or e-mails.

But then all thoughts of getting back to normal life gets through out. All because Netflix suggests another tv series that you may like, based on the other crap you've watched... and you get sucked in once again.

Binge watching is an awfully wonderfully addicting thing. I'm trying hard not to start a new show, but it's really hard... Must. Stay. Away.



Okay, I'm done rambling about nonsense. Happy weekend.
But seriously... someone tell me that I'm not the only person with this problem... Please.




9 comments:

The Pink Growl said...

I am SUCH a binge watcher!!! Right now my currents are Parks & Rec & How I Met Your Mother - I watch the reruns ALL THE TIME!

Becca said...

I'm kind of obsessed with TV. I have a whole huge list of shows that I'm caught up on or still watching on Netflix. It's a sickness.

Jay T said...

ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT IS THE BEST SHOW EVER. Maybe that was dramatic but I don't care. You accurately described what Netflix binging is like and I love it.

Allie said...

I TOTALLY APPROVE THE BINGE WATCHING OF ALL THINGS. I love Dexter and I loved Scandal and I loved Revenge (do you have all of these on Netflix Canadia?)

Also. Is it really called a PVR or did you mean to say DVR? Cause if it's a PVR I need to know what "P" stand for.

Nadine said...

Binge watching TV shows is my favorite thing to do. Because really, who wants to wait an entire week in between shows? Not me/ When they go on their little breaks? Total torture!

Rachel said...

may or may not have watched all the episodes of the 2nd season of House of Cards today.....

Brooke said...

I'm thinking you loved Arrested Development! That show was good, I binged watched that one too!
You might like: Pretty Little Liars, Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy, Yellow is the New Black? You see I have a similar addiction!


Brooke =)

Heather said...

Hi Faith! My name is Heather and I just have a question about your blog! If you could email me at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com I would greatly appreciate it!

Kym Fox said...

ha! We ONLY binge watch! I couldn't stand to wait a week to see what happens next. My favorite thing to do with TJ is morph into the couch and watch show after show after show!