Monday, May 5, 2014

You Sunk My Battleship


It's Mondaaaay (obviously) and I'm already in a rambling kinda mood. Sorry (not sorry).

Why do weekends fly by faster than any other two days in the week? Monday & Tuesday, can't you go ahead and take after Saturday & Sunday and just do your thaaang in a much quicker fashion? No? This can't be a thing? Alright then.

I told you I was in a rambling mood... Anyway, I feel like I should do a weekend update (of sorts), but as I started writing this, I realized that I basically didn't take pictures this weekend. Since I don't blog as often (as I'd like to) anymore, I've stopped taking pictures for the blog, and my phone tends to stay in my purse or on the table not being used... (side note: I should work on this). Anyway, this weekend was spent with having a couple date nights with Justin (which we honestly haven't done in a long time), hanging out with Amanda (and her man friend), snuggling a beautiful baby girl that I've been dying to meet for about two months now, and (shockingly) relaxing a bit. I basically didn't leave my house on Sunday, and I can't tell you how glorious that was.


Selfie with Amanda because we never take pictures together.


Because duh.


Justin kind of got forced into going to a lunch with my colleagues on Saturday, but he was a really good sport about it.


On Saturday night, Justin and I went to a bar that has board games that you can grab from the bartender, and a bunch of other games - shuffle board, Buck Hunter (shooting game), pool table, arcades, etc... I showed up to meet him for a bit at 6/7 expecting to be there for an hour or two and then head back to my place to snuggle up and watch netflix (because we know how to party HARD), but we ended up having so much fun playing every game we could, we ended up walking out of there at 2:30ish. I'm pretty impressed by this.


I took this picture moments before Justin knocked the tower over.
We were sitting next to a table of guys who kept laughing every time Justin would lose a game and I'd win... I loved it.


...and then we made the mistake of playing Battleship... and I kicked his ass. I very quickly learned that Justin is just as competitive as me and isn't a fan of losing. I won our game fair and square, and he took to facebook to tell everyone I cheated. Ahem. Jerk.


On the left, only pay attention to the fact that he told the world I don't know 'how to play'... and on the right, accuses me of cheating. I forgot the rules of the game (because I haven't played it in TWENTY YEARS), and I forgot to tell him that he sunk my first battleship... oops. I'm pretty sure I'm never going to hear the end of this.

-------------------------------------------

This weekend was a perfect dosage of fun and relaxation and I'm hoping it's enough to get me through the long week(s) ahead. Basically though, to sum up my weekend: you sunk my battleship.




3 comments:

Tracie Everyday said...

That looks like such a fun bar! I always try to get my boo to play board games with me and he never will, but if it was at a bar I think he just might!

Becca said...

Haha that sounds like a lot of fun! We have a bar close to us that has a ton of board games, too, and alcohol and Jenga are always a good combination.

Jay T said...

I have never been to a bar where they give you games I NEED TO GO TO CANADIA. Justin needs to just deal with the fact that you won and stop crying about it. JUSTIN I HOPE YOU READ THAT. I love you both.