Well well well, today is All About You... aka "All about me" aka I need to talk about myself aka this is hard (#TWSS).
Happy Tuesday, I'm already off to a great rambling start.
1. My organizational skills - especially at work. I have a lot of OCD type tendencies about how I do everything, but I'm efficient and get everything done everyday. Plus, who doesn't love colour coded and alphabetized file folders? No? Not you?
2. My compassion, love, and friendship - I have a big heart and share it, especially with the people I love. I tend to put people before myself (which I guess could be a problem) but I like to do things for other people.
3. My eyes and my lips - this is probably a weird one to say, but I like my eyes and my lips. My grandmother always told me I had the most beautiful eyes and looking into them was like 'looking into my soul'. She also told me that she was always envious of my lips because they're big and full... and this is the most awkward thing I've ever put on this blog. Next point..
4. My photography skills - I love having an artistic side and being able to express that through using a camera as a creative outlet. Plus I think I'm
5. My focus and drive - whenever I put my mind to something, I don't stop until it's done and I've accomplished my goals.
Despite how hard it is to sit down and think of a list of 5 things that you love about yourself, and despite how hard it is to sit down and write 5 reasons why you're 'awesome', I think these kinds of posts are a great way to not allow your mind to be controlled solely by negative thoughts. It is so easy to think 'wow, I suck at that' or even 'I'm not as pretty as her' on a daily basis... but it isn't easy to think 'my hair is really pretty' or 'I am proud of my body', etc.
Try to let push those negative thoughts out of your mind and focus on the positive parts of your life - whether it's your personality, physical appearance, habits you have, or your intelligence, just focus on those positives! Link up with us and share 5 things that you love about yourself.
There's only two more days left of the blog everyday in July challenge - I can't believe it! Well, we didn't want to leave Friday out, so we've come up with one more blogging topic and added a new host to finish out the week. That first part was a lie. We are borrowing the idea from Kay. But that second part was true, because now Lindsay is joining us for:
Alright, so now here's the fun part... we want you to
Step 2: Upload it to your blog.
Step 3: Link up with us on August 1st to laugh at everyone else's hilarious accents. Win-Win-Wiiiiin. All the Friday wins. You're so welcome.
1. Your Name
2. Where you're from.
3. Pronounce the following words: Aunt, Roof, Route, Theater, Iron, Salmon, Caramel, Fire, Water, New Orleans, Pecan, Both, Again, Probably, Alabama, Lawyer, Coupon, Mayonnaise, Pajamas, Caught, Naturally, Aluminum, Crackerjack, Doorknob, Envelope
4. What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
5. What is a bubbly carbonated drink called?
6. What do you call gym shoes?
7. What do you call your grandparents?
8. What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries at the supermarket?
9. What is the thing you change the TV channel with?
10. What is the bug that when you touch it, it rolls into a ball? How about the one that lights up at night?
11. What do you say to address a group of people?
12. Do you speak any other languages? If so, say something in that language(s).
13. Do you think you have an accent?
14. End by saying any 3 words you want.
Even though we don't like rules, every fun thing in life has them. So here are a few of ours:
1. Please only link up a post if it matches with the day's topic.
2. Make sure you either grab the button code and put it in the HTML portion of your post, or link back to at least one of the hosts.
3. Go make some friends. Comments=Love