Tuesday, October 7, 2014

The Happiest of Birthdays



If you're new around here, you may or may not know who Justin is... for the record, he is my boyfriend. Today is his birthday. As you may recall, my birthday was last Wednesday - just a mere six days ago. So, folks, I'm a whole almost week older than him... and I assure you, I'll never let him forget it.
'Cause I'm a jerk... moving along.

Justin and I started dating at the beginning of this year, and if anyone would have told me where we'd be now and how this year would've played out, I would've called them nuts. For 25 solid years I was the token single girl in my group of friends, and even in my family. I was happy being alone. I didn't need anyone, and they evidently didn't need me. (I swear this is going to be a happy post).

I never could have possibly imagined what would have come from a simple message saying 'Hi, my name is Justin'. I never could have wished, dreamed, or hoped for the relationship that formed (pretty quickly) once we started talking and once we met. After only two months of talking, I even blogged about him, because I knew he was so special.

I know it sounds cheesy/mushy/lame/whatever, but you always hear the saying 'When you know, you know'.. I always thought that was complete BS until I met this man. We instantly clicked, we fell in love pretty quickly, and we knew right away that this time was different - for the both of us.

I could go on and on, and say so many mushy things that would make you all puke, but I won't. I'm just so grateful for how this year has turned out, and I couldn't be more excited to spend all day with this wonderfully sweet man - and looking forward to at least 70 more birthdays together.

We take an awful lot of selfies. #sorrynotsorry

Happy birthday, Justin.
I love you.




4 comments:

Becca said...

Well. You to are just adorable.

Becca said...

UGH TWO, BECCA, TWO.

Anonymous said...

So stinking cute :) And post all the mushy-ness you want, lady!

Lindsay Landgraf said...

Gahhhhhhhh I can't handle all the love, I need moooooooore.