I cannot believe that today is December 31st. It honestly feels a little surreal to me.
At the risk of saying something so cliche... where has the past year gone?
I feel like it was just yesterday that I was writing this post recapping 2013! I also feel like it was just yesterday that Amanda and I came up with the plan to Get Uncomfortable in 2014. Speaking of getting uncomfortable... lets do a quick recap on some of the things I did in 2014 to really step out of my comfort zone.
- Went dancing with friends --
- I know this sounds crazy, but I absolutely do not dance in public. I finally stepped out of my comfort zone and allowed it to happen and it wasn't absolutely terribly.
- Burning 1,000 calories a day for more than a week in January --
- This was a ridiculous challenge I gave myself. Unfortunately it was the beginning of me getting injured/sick/injured/sick/injured, etc. all. year. long. But oh well - I did it.
- Asked out my Starbucks barista --
- True story. I thought he was cute/nice/whatever, and BAM, for the first time in my life I asked out a complete stranger. The outcome wasn't the greatest - at that moment.. but it lead me to Justin, and I'll forever be grateful for that!
- Went Bungee Jumping --
- In April, along with three of my best friends, I went bungee jumping. It was surreal, amazing, and everything that you could possibly imagine and I CANNOT wait to do it again someday. 2015 maybe?
- Ran Vancouver Sun Run 10k --
- In 2013 I focused on getting healthy. During that process I found a love of running, but I was terrified of running in public. For the first 3-6 months that I went 'running', I would only run through the alley-ways of our neighbourhood. It wasn't until the Fall of 2013 that I actually started running on the street. In April 2014 I finally tackled my ultimate fear of running in front of people and ran a public 10k with about 10,000 other people.
- Grouse Grind --
- It's a mountain in Vancouver that I have refused to hike for the past three years and finally took a chance and did it in May with one of my friends. It was long and tiring and exhausting, but I'm glad that I did it.
- I fell in love --
- I starting talking to Justin on February 11th and we met for our first date on February 21st, and the rest - as they say - is history. I don't know if I believe in love at first sight, but that first date sure made me swoon and I knew by the end of it that he was something special.
Here are a few collages to show some of my favourite moments of 2014: